Thursday, February 20, 2014

Making myself crazy

Its another house post, just to warn you.  I feel like houses are all I've talked about this week.  So I've been taking a closer look at the other house we found and are going to look at on Saturday.  I've compared it to the house in Olmsted Twp and in a lot of ways its sounding better than the Olmsted house, on paper anyways.  Then I think about the fact that its in North Ridgeville.  I want to live in Ridgeville, less than I want to live in Olmsted.  I've only been there once and that one time didn't go well.  The schools are also terrible. I don't know if we'll home school forever, but I don't think I could put them in school out there.  The middle and high school got a state rating of 5 out of 10 (olmsted got a 9 and 10).  The house however, looks like a house I would live in.  The kitchens in the two houses are almost identical.  However, the Ridgeville house already has a beautiful patio, is on a cul de sac (which I love), has a little more square feet, an extra room and lower taxes.  Based on the pictures, it doesn't blow the Olmsted house out of the water.  Like I said it sounds good on paper, but I already see things I'd want to change, like paint in one room, light fixtures and carpet in the dining room. It also has an unfinished basement so it will be interesting to see what that looks like.  They are both actually the same distance to Corrie and to Lakewood which is very important!  I really hope when we walk in the other house on Saturday that we just know which way we're supposed to go.

No comments: