Sunday, November 29, 2009

Copy cats, part A

Prasti has been doing something with Emma for months that I love. I've been a bit intimidated by the creativity to do it with Ben. Each month I feel a little bit more like a slacker, so I sucked it up and we headed to the craft store to get some basic supplies.
Prasti and Emma take a different letter each month and do different things with it like cook something, make a diorama, go somewhere that starts with that letter etc. We started with letter A and heres what we came up with:

Ben put on his Alligator pajamas and we learned a few facts about them like they live in swamps in the south, they have claws and they use their tails to protect themselves.
Ben put on his Apron and made Apple crisp. Unfortunately, we used the wrong kind of apples and it was terrible!
We thought about people with A names like miss Ami or Mr. Alan. We also remembered that aunt starts with A and Ben has an Aunt Corrie and Aunt Prasti (I know that ones a slight stretch).
We found stickers of Air planes, Arrows, an Ax, Anchors, an Ambulance and an Arc.
We talked about the Army and the Air Force. I told him that people in the military protect our country (among other things). Ben asked me to go to the military with him. Ben learned that uncle A and Papa were in the Air Force.
We went to Applebees and had Appetizers.
We did some Arts and crafts and made an Air plane sun catcher.
We checked out several books with an A title from the library.
We learned a french word, Au revoir.
We told a modified story of Abraham and Isaac. We also learned about Akron, where mom went to school.

I think Ben had a lot of fun with it. I'm sure we'll slowly evolve on the crafts, but I think we had a good start. Thanks for the great idea Prasti!

3 comments:

Prasti said...

awww!!! i love it! great job jenna! i love the A collage at the end. excellent idea!

if you ever need company going to pat catan's you know who to call :)

Connie Krebs said...

Great job! You will get there, and I have tons of craft ideas if you are stumped! (I am a huge fan of Pat Catans as well!)

Corrie said...

Perhaps we should make it a party and all go to Pat Catans!!

Very cool stuff. You packed a lot into this month! (and since "aunt" is a job title I love, I don't think its a stretch at all to include it this month).